Prevention of prostatitis in men requires attention and timeliness. The prostate is responsible for the production of a substance that plays an important role in maintaining the balance of hormones in the body of men. In addition, the organ allows sperm to fully mature, maintains their mobility and activity, and ensures the presence of an erection.
Prostatitis is diagnosed in 25-40% of men. It was believed that this disease affects middle-aged and older men, but the pathology can develop even in adolescents. If the prevention and treatment of prostatitis in men is not carried out in a timely manner, the likelihood of the disease becoming a chronic form increases. It is fraught with constant discomfort and soreness, decreased sex drive, fertility and erection.
Causes and symptoms of prostatitis
Stagnation in the glandular tissues of the prostate leads to the development of prostatitis, which causes insufficient blood circulation and oxygenation. When oxygen is not supplied in sufficient quantities and there is a lack of nutrients, the functioning of the tissues of the prostate gland occurs. Prostatitis can be caused by infection. Therefore, the prevention of prostatitis in men and its treatment requires an integrated approach.
- soreness when urinating;
- frequent urge to urinate, especially at night;
- erectile dysfunction;
- excessive irritability;
- sleep problems, etc.
What is needed to prevent prostatitis in men? To achieve the maximum effect and prevent the transformation of the disease into a chronic form, the actions should be carried out in a complex. To do this, you need to combine:
- gymnastic exercises;
- preventive measures;
- proper nutrition;
- healthy lifestyle.
In turn, preventive measures are divided into primary and secondary. The primary measures are aimed at preventing the development of inflammation, while the latter are used by those men who have previously encountered the disease and are trying to prevent the transition of the disease into a chronic form.
Prevention of prostatitis in men - drugs
Drugs for the prevention of prostatitis in men are used to avoid congestion in the blood in the pelvic area, and also help reduce swelling and eliminate inflammation of the prostate gland.
Prostate extract is injected 1-2 ampoules once a day, the duration of treatment is no more than 10 days. If necessary, repeat the course. Contraindications include only individual drug intolerance.
Tamsulosin hydrochloride is taken 1 capsule once a day after meals. Contraindicated in hypersensitivity to constituent substances, hepatic failure and hypotension.
The drug is prescribed 1 capsule once a day, the duration of treatment is at least half a year. Contraindications are individual intolerance and hypersensitivity, liver failure.
If prostatitis develops against the background of a bacterial infection, antimicrobial therapy is prescribed. List of antimicrobial pills for the prevention of prostatitis in men:
- Prostate extract. Injections of 5-10 mg are given intramuscularly once a day for 5-10 days. Urticaria may appear.
- Metronidazole. For the treatment of inflammation of the prostate gland, Metronidazole is used in the form of a suspension, which is administered diffusely. Immediately administer 500-1000 mg over 30-40 minutes. The procedure is repeated every 8 hours, 500 ml.
- Ciprofloxacin. Take on an empty stomach for 28 days. The daily dose is 1000 mg (2 tablets of 250 mg or 1 - 500 mg), which must be divided into 2 doses after 12 hours.
- Dutasteride is taken 1 capsule once a day, regardless of food intake. Use with caution in elderly patients.
Suppositories for the prevention of prostatitis in men
Medicines in Russia and abroad are widely used for the treatment and prevention of prostatitis in men in the form of rectal suppositories (in common people - suppositories). Means for the prevention of prostatitis in men in the form of suppositories are introduced into the rectum, are used both for the prevention of inflammation and for the elimination of relapse in the chronic course of the disease.
Today the variety of rectal suppositories is so great that the question arises "which of them are the most effective? "Let's take a look at all the possible options.
Possess anti-inflammatory, decongestant, analgesic and keratoplastic effects. Contraindicated in case of individual intolerance, as well as in combination with alkaloids and iodide solutions. Apply 1-2 candles per day, the duration of treatment is set by the attending physician.
Candles with papaverine
Suppositories with papaverine relieve spasms, relieve pain, improve blood flow in the pelvic area. Apply 1-2 candles per day, the exact dosage and duration of treatment is adjusted by the doctor. Suppositories are contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to the components, heart block, liver problems and in adulthood.
This drug can remove edema, eliminate inflammation and congestion, which avoids the formation of blood clots in the prostate and improves the functioning of the prostate gland. In addition to the fact that suppositories have an analgesic effect, normalize the amount of urination and relieve men from sexual disorders. Apply once a day for 1 suppository, the duration of treatment is at least 10 days. Contraindicated only in case of individual intolerance.
Belladonna suppositories have an antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect, help to reduce the production of secretions of all glands. Apply 1 candle once a day at night. Contraindicated in the presence of various pathologies, as they can worsen the course of the disease.
Diclofenac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug used to treat acute and chronic prostatitis. Suppositories containing diclofenac have a decongestant, antispasmodic, antipyretic and analgesic effect. 1 suppository is administered once a day, it is possible to divide 1 suppository into 3 administrations. The duration of treatment is adjusted by a doctor, on average, at least 10 days. Contraindicated in pathologies of the rectum and gastrointestinal tract, cardiovascular diseases, individual intolerance, renal and hepatic failure.
Suppositories delay protein breakdown, increase the production of leukocytes, and normalize nucleic acid metabolism. Contraindicated in hemoblastosis, bone marrow oncology, leukemia, hypersensitivity to components. Introduce 1-2 suppositories per day, the duration of treatment is on average 10 days.
Suppositories with prostate extract for the prevention of prostatitis in men
Suppositories are based on prostate extract (samprost), which is obtained from cattle. This component is a biologically active complex of peptides necessary for the full functionality of the prostate gland. Due to these characteristics of the drug, suppositories practically have no contraindications, except for individual intolerance, they:
- regulate the functionality of the prostate;
- eliminate secret stasis;
- normalize microcirculation in the prostate;
- relieve puffiness;
- improve muscle tone in the bladder area.
As a rule, suppositories are used in a complex for the treatment of chronic prostatitis, and are also widely used as prevention of acute forms of the disease and in the postoperative period. Suppositories are used rectally 1 suppository once a day. Before using suppositories, be sure to empty the intestines (on your own or do a cleansing enema). After the introduction of the candle, it is recommended to lie on your stomach for 30 minutes.
Prostatitis prevention in men - exercise
With regular exercise in gymnastic complexes in men, signs of the disease partially or completely disappear. Preventive exercises for men are as follows:
- Kegel exercises;
- massage for the prevention of prostatitis in men;
- contrast shower in the crotch zone;
- yoga classes;
- physiotherapy procedures.
Kegel Exercise - Interrupted urination. The essence of the exercise is to stop the stream during urination with your own effort, tensing the muscles located near the prostate. With regular exercise, this exercise improves blood flow in the prostate gland.
Exercise is also widely used for the prevention of prostatitis in men, during which you need to strain / relax the muscles of the anus. Such an exercise is easy to perform, does not require specific preparation. To achieve the effect, you need to repeat 15-20 muscle tensions / relaxations in 2-3 sets.
Prevention of prostatitis in men at home is done with the help of gymnastics:
- Swing your legs. Stand comfortably with your weight on your right foot. Swing with the opposite leg (50-90 swings), change the leg and repeat for the other leg.
- Side bends. Make 30-40 tilts on each side. The leg to which the bend is made should be slightly bent at the knee.
- Jumping. Do the jumps in place, straining the muscles of the perineum. Start with a small amount (40-50 jumps), gradually increasing the load (up to 350 jumps).
- Movement on the bottom. Sitting on the floor, extend your legs in front of you, "walk" forward, straining your pelvic muscles.
- Stretch. While sitting, try to touch your toes with your fingers without bending your knees. Do the exercise for at least 5 minutes.
- "Birch". Do the "birch" for 3 minutes, each time increasing the duration of the exercise, bringing it to 10 minutes.
Prevention of prostatitis in men at home
As a prophylaxis of prostatitis, regularly perform preventive complexes:
- do not neglect physical activity and gymnastic complexes for home execution;
- observe food restrictions;
- perform wellness stimulation of the prostate gland (massage or self-massage 1-2 times a week);
- to cleanse the body, visit a bathhouse or sauna, after consulting a doctor in advance;
- treat infectious diseases in a timely manner;
- follow the rules of personal hygiene;
- See your doctor regularly for routine checkups.
Prevention of prostatitis in men with folk remedies
Beekeeping products (honey, propolis) and medicinal plants are very popular from folk recipes as a prophylaxis of prostatitis.
Chestnut scarlop infusion
To the green scaleloop with needles)
- Take 3 tbsp. chopped scarlop (use green with needles) and pour 500 ml of boiling water.
- Place in a dark place for 12 hours.
- Strain and boil for 30 minutes in a water bath.
- Take 25 drops 30 minutes before meals.
Pay attention!The drink awakens the appetite, so if you are overweight, take it carefully. To avoid weight gain, the infusion can be used for microclysters. To do this, 250 ml of infusion is administered 2 times a week.
Herbal decoction with alcohol
- ½ tbspcelandine, ½ tbsp. pour 100 ml of alcohol into the hemlock;
- leave to infuse in a dark place for 10 days;
- taken in the morning on an empty stomach.
Start the tincture with 1 drop, gradually increasing the dosage to 30 drops over a month. For more comfortable use, dilute the tincture with water. Duration of admission is 30 days. Then gradually reduce the amount of tincture by 1 drop.
Take freshly squeezed parsley juice 3 times daily before meals.
Honey and Aloe Tincture
- combine 500 ml each honey, aloe, wine;
- stir until smooth, transfer to an airtight container;
- put in the refrigerator for 7 days;
- take 1 tsp. before meals for 7 days (if there are no side effects, increase the dosage to 1 tablespoon).
Candles with propolis
- combine 2 g of cocoa butter with 0. 1 g of propolis extract;
- stir until smooth;
- form a candle from the resulting gruel.
Use homemade suppositories before going to bed in the anal passage for a month, take a break (for 1 month) and repeat the procedure.
Products for the prevention of prostatitis in men
Since a person consists of what he is, nutrition for prostatitis plays an equally important role. To keep yourself in good physical shape and avoid "getting acquainted" with prostatitis, you need to remember the following rules:
- unhealthy diet leads to problems with the intestines, most often leads to constipation, resulting in blood congestion in the pelvic area;
- excessive caloric intake of the daily diet leads to weight gain, which has a negative effect on the blood supply to the prostate gland;
- alcoholic beverages can provoke an exacerbation of the disease, because the decay products of alcohol irritate the genitourinary system, cause pyelonephritis, cystitis and other urological problems;
- To avoid inflammation of the prostate adenoma, you need to use vitamin complexes to increase immunity.
For the full functioning of the prostate gland, men need to consume the following products:
- eggs (the lecithin contained in the product has a positive effect on the development of the prostate gland);
- meat, poultry, fish (these products contain a lot of protein, and it is necessary for the synthesis of immunoglobulins);
- pumpkin seeds (they contain many vitamins, and also an important element - zinc);
- vegetable oils (contain vitamin E, necessary for the production of high-quality sexual secretions);
- citrus fruits (maintain the acidity level of the ejaculate, increase immunity);
- walnuts (improve metabolic processes, contain many vitamins and minerals, participate in the production of prostate secretions);
- almonds (a source of protein, rich in vitamins and minerals, folic acid);
- seafood (due to their diverse composition, they are indispensable for full spermatogenesis);
- buckwheat (rich in amino acids necessary for the full functionality of the prostate).
Prevention of chronic prostatitis in men
After undergoing a course of therapeutic measures for the treatment of prostatitis, it is very important to prevent relapse. To avoid exacerbation of the chronic form of the disease, men should:
- have regular sex life (preferably with one and the same partner);
- use a condom in case of casual sex;
- give up bad habits (smoking, the use of alcoholic beverages);
- lead an active life, play sports;
- avoid hypothermia.
Dietary supplements are also widely used for the prevention of chronic prostatitis.
Prevention of chronic prostatitis - drugs
What to drink to prevent prostatitis in men, which has already acquired a chronic form? To achieve the desired effect, use these drugs:
- Prostate extract (1 tablet 2 times a day);
- Alfuzosin (2. 5 mg three times a day, at a more mature age, the dosage can be increased in consultation with the doctor);
- Doxazosin (1-8 mg once a day, depending on the complexity of the course of the disease and the patient's individual indicators, as prescribed by the doctor);
- An extract of the prostate gland for the prevention of prostatitis in men is administered daily at 5-10 mg, dilution in sodium chloride, saline or novocaine solution is required first;
- Prostate extract (1-2 ampoules intramuscularly once a day), etc.