Prostatitis is a common disease of the genitourinary system of men accompanied by prostate inflammation, or prostate. This organ is localized around the bladder neck. Since the urethra is inside the prostate, its increase contributes to the compression of the urethra and as a result, the violation of the outflow of urine. Prostatitis in men develops mainly after the age of 30, but sometimes the disease is diagnosed and 20-year-old patients.
The symptoms of inflammation of the prostate gland are due to the impact of negative factors:
- a sedentary lifestyle;
- frequent constipation;
- infectious diseases of other organs of the urogenital system;
- diseases transmitted by sexual contact;
- too much sex or, conversely, of its absence;
- of low immunity;
- hormonal imbalance;
- micro-traumas of the perineum;
- frequent interrupted sexual intercourse;
- violation of regime of work and rest;
- a wrong diet;
- excess weight;
- too frequent travelling;
- the abuse of alcohol.
To answer the question of how to treat prostatitis, it is necessary to determine the form of the disease.
Symptoms of the acute form
Acute inflammation of the prostate caused by its infection. This state is characterized by swelling of the affected organ and the appearance of purulent lesions in its tissues. There are 3 forms of acute prostatitis. Each of them has specific symptoms.
- Catarrhal. A man has frequent and painful urination. It is also noted discomfort in the sacrum and perineum.
- The follicular. Intense pain, often radiating to the anus. When attempting bowel movement the pain increases. The emptying of the bladder the urine passes in a thin stream. There is urinary retention. In some cases the body temperature rises.
- Parenchymal. Body temperature can reach 40 degrees. The condition is accompanied by intoxication. Ill feeling anxious because of the constant delay of urination. In the perineum there is a severe, often throbbing pain. Because of this, the bowel movement becomes almost impossible.
The symptoms of acute inflammation of the prostate gland indicate that a man should immediately contact a urologist. Treatment of prostatitis minimizes the risk of development of chronic forms of the disease.
The symptoms of chronic
In chronic prostatitis the symptoms in most cases, subtle or nonexistent. Because of this diseased men ignore going to the doctor, thereby delaying treatment of prostatitis. In the chronic form of the disease develop such syndromes:
- Pain. The person feels pain, the intensity of which is constantly changing. Pain may increase when ejaculation or sexual intercourse. These symptoms are felt long-term abstinence.
- Dysuric. The patient is disturbed urination. Inflamed prostate increases and puts pressure on the urethra, thereby reducing the clearance in it. A man feels frequent urge to empty the bladder. If such a symptom will be ignored and treatment of prostatitis will be delayed, increasing the risk of development of compensatory hypertrophy of the muscular tissue of the bladder and urethra.
- Disorder of sexual function. In chronic inflammation of the prostate gland the patient feels pain during ejaculation. Constant discomfort during sexual intercourse reduces the potency and often leads to impotence. This symptom negatively affects the psychological state of man: there are irritability, anxiety, lack of confidence.
Often men found themselves symptoms of the disease, feel free to contact the urologist, as ashamed of their sexual problems. But if not to treat prostatitis, especially acute forms, the patient may develop these complications:
- sclerosis of the prostate gland;
- adenoma of the prostate.
In medical practice there are many examples, proving substantially the impact of prostatitis on the development of prostate cancer. Thanks to the highly effective drugs and innovative methods to develop efficient treatment of prostatitis.
Treatment in the acute form
Before you pick methods for the treatment of inflammation of the prostate gland, the patient visits a urologist and is undergoing such studies:
- palpation of the prostate;
- ultrasound examination of the body;
- analysis of gland secretion;
In destructive forms of the disease are shown MRI of the pelvic organs.
Treatment of acute prostatitis is organized on an outpatient basis. The scheme of treatment of prostatitis is chosen individually in accordance with the agent that triggered the disease. Acute inflammation of the prostate treated with medication, particularly antibiotics. The patient is prescribed medication that quickly penetrate into the tissue of the affected organ. Major groups of antimicrobial drugs prescribed for prostatitis include:
If a man is contraindicated listed above drugs, he prescribed antimicrobial drug belonging to the group of fluoroquinolones. Drug acute form of prostatitis is treated 10-14 days. Upon completion of the course taking the prescribed drug the patient undergoing the study, in particular, prostate secretion analysis. If the pathogen is not fully revealed, the doctor is prolonging medical treatment (medicine replace).
Treatment of chronic prostatitis
Responding to a question about how to cure the prostatitis, which was transformed into a chronic form, it should be noted that the healing process will be long in comparison with acute prostatitis. But proper therapy will not only eliminate the symptoms of the disease, but will lead to his remission. The most effective would be a comprehensive treatment of prostatitis, including:
- Medical therapy. Antibiotics and drugs that enhance local metabolism and blood circulation, as well as injections and suppositories. The scheme of treatment of prostatitis is developed exclusively by a doctor, self-medication is not allowed.
- Physiotherapy. This treatment improves blood circulation, metabolism and lymph flow in the prostate gland. Patient is prescribed ultrasound, mud baths, magnet, galvanization and laser effects.
- Prostate massage. This method of treatment of prostatitis has both fans and opponents. Massage frees the body from metabolic products of pathogens, increases the potency and improves local blood circulation. The procedure a special massager or a finger. This treatment requires the application correctly, otherwise the massage instead of the expected benefit will bring tremendous harm.
- Correction of immunity. A weakened immune system provokes exacerbation of chronic prostatitis, therefore the body's defenses are systematically strengthened. Drugs for increase of immunity are appointed by the immunologist.
- The lifestyle change. Male normalizes your mode of work and rest, eat right, lead an active lifestyle, prevents stress, promiscuity and at the same time, prolonged abstinence.
When complicated by chronic prostatitis (narrowing of the urethra, abscess of the prostate) patient surgical treatment of the disease.
Before applying the medication, recipes are borrowed from folk medicine, it is necessary to consult a urologist. Answering the question of how to treat prostatitis folk remedies, it is important to note the duration of therapy. Alternative ways to eliminate the symptoms of chronic prostatitis suppress the local inflammatory process, eliminate stagnation, improve metabolism and blood circulation of the prostate gland. Well as traditional methods enhance the effects of medication. Recipes:
- Walnuts with honey. Cup of honey taken 12 ground nucleoli, stir everything thoroughly. Weight take a tablespoon daily on an empty stomach.
- An infusion of chamomile. A tablespoon of dried flowers pour 100 ml of boiling water, insist half an hour, filter and take. Also, this infusion is used for enemas. The procedure is performed before going to sleep. For mikroklizm use an infusion of warm (about 40 degrees).
- Candles from prostatitis. Mix 50 grams of propolis, the same wax and 200 grams of animal fat. The resulting mass is heated on a water bath, triturated, cooled and formed out her candles. Apply the product on the night. This recipe is not suitable for men who have intolerance to bee products.
Effective prevention of inflammation of the prostate is a healthy lifestyle, minimizing exposure to factors that can adversely affect the health of men regular checkup at the doctor-urologist.